Chinese Wispas… and other top jokes at Edinburgh’s Fringe
A joke about a chocolate bar has been named the funniest joke of the Edinburgh fringe.
Rob Auton’s one-liner: “I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.” collected the coveted award.
Auton, who recently quit his job selling paintbrushes in London’s Soho to perform full-time, said: “I am honoured to receive this award and just pleased that a joke that tackles the serious issue of the invention of a new chocolate bar can be laughed at by the people of Britain.”
Top 10 Funniest Jokes From the Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2013:
• 1. Rob Auton – “I heard a rumour that Cadbury is bringing out an oriental chocolate bar. Could be a Chinese Wispa.”
• 2. Alex Horne – “I used to work in a shoe-recycling shop. It was sole-destroying.”
• 3. Alfie Moore – “I’m in a same-sex marriage… the sex is always the same.”
• 4. Tim Vine – “My friend told me he was going to a fancy dress party as an Italian island. I said to him ‘Don’t be Sicily’.”
• 5. Gary Delaney – “I can give you the cause of anaphylactic shock in a nutshell.”
• 6. Phil Wang – “The Pope is a lot like Doctor Who. He never dies, just keeps being replaced by white men.”
• 7. Marcus Brigstocke – “You know you are fat when you hug a child and it gets lost.”
• 8. Liam Williams – “The universe implodes. No matter.”
• 9. Bobby Mair – “I was adopted at birth and have never met my mum. That makes it very difficult to enjoy any lapdance.”
• 10. Chris Coltrane – “The good thing about lending someone your time machine is that you basically get it back immediately.”
Has this wetted your appetite for a good laugh? Remember you can find tickets to a host of the latest and greatest comedians on tour on www.eventim.co.uk.