Hello there twentysomething, are you feeling rough, feeling raw in the prime of your life? Well here are seven landmark tracks to remind you of the historic moments in pop music you have lived through.
1. 20 years since the Spice Girls formed in 1994. Their big breakthrough came when they released Wannabe 2 years later in 1996.. the video has not aged well.
2. 17 years since Danish-Norwegian dance-pop group released possibly the most irritating single ever to have graced the UK charts
3. 16 Years ago Britney Spears burst onto the scene with Baby One More time in a music video various British entertainers from the 1970’s would heartily approve of.
4. 16 Years since N Sync appeared on the Pop horizon with I want you back – the video below includes hilarious 90’s boyband move and an incredibly baby faced Justin Timberlake.
5. 13 years ago Christina Aguilera, Lil’ Kim, Mýa, and Pink and Missy Elliot aka Lady Marmalade were introducing a whole generation to flirting in French Voulez-vous coucher avec moi (ce soir)?
6. 12 Years since Girls Aloud emerged from Popstars The Rivals and enjoyed over a decade of phenomenal pop success before calling time on the group last year.
7. 11 Years since the recently reformed OutKast released Hey Ya! and it dominated the UK singles chart for 21 weeks.
Feel old yet? What other songs make you feel old? Let us know in the comments below!