If you’re anything like us – and the rest of the world – the chances are you’ve probably seen Disney’s Frozen a fair few times (at least 12, but who’s counting?).
From the contagious songs to the lovable sidekick, it has everything that a Disney classic should have so we can’t wait to welcome Disney On Ice presents Frozen to Manchester Arena and the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle this October.
To celebrate the upcoming show, here are 7 facts that you might not know about the film….
1) Will & Grace star Megan Mullally was originally cast as Elsa before Idina Menzel!
2) Disney buffs might recognise Olaf’s ‘The Summer Song’ as an ode to Bert’s penguin dance in ‘Mary Poppins’
3) The hilarious Jack Whitehall actually recorded a line for the part of Gothi, the Troll Priest. However, the line was cut and rumour has it Whitehall still isn’t quite over it. He really needs to let it go. (ahem)
4) Disney’s Frozen is widely believed to be inspired by Hans Christian Anderson’s ‘The Snow Queen’. It’s interesting to note that some of the main character’s names are Hans, Kristoff, Anna and Sven. Say them quickly in sequence and see what it sounds like!
5) There’s a disclaimer that appears after the credits stating that ‘The views and opinions expressed by Kristoff in the film that all men eat their own boogers are solely his own and do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of The Walt Disney Company or the filmmakers.’ At least we all know where we stand on that issue!
6) Anna’s horse is named Sitron. This means ‘lemon’ in Norwegian! Lemon the horse it is, then.
7) If you look carefully at Elsa’s coronation scene you might just notice some special guests in the form of Rapunzel and Flynn from Disney’s Tangled. Given there’s a popular fan theory that Anna and Elsa’s parents died on their way to Rapunzel’s wedding, we’re starting to wonder if this all really could be interlinked.
Disney presents Frozen On Ice tickets are available now.