Some of the biggest and best stars of British comedy are touring right now! … Or very soon. The important thing is that there are tickets available to see your favourite comedians at Eventim.
Our funny 5 top picks
Russell Brand – Messiah Complex
After jet-setting off to LA, rubbing shoulders with the Hollywood-elite and marrying/divorcing pop royalty, merry minstrel of mirth Russell Brand is back doing what Russell Brand does best: stand-up, live in London, at the Hammersmith Apollo.
Comedian, actor and author, Russell Brand has announced his first ever world stand-up tour officially named “Messiah Complex”. Brand promises the show will dissect various social and religious figures and the reality of their lives through comparisons of each other.
Russell Brand tickets will guarantee you see his trademark mix of exquisite flowery language and sex-mad stories.
Our favourite Russell Brand joke:
“I would define my looks as a Victorian child catcher. Or an S&M Willy Wonka who likes to use a riding crop on his own leg in his spare time.”
Reasons you will love Russell Brand live:
- His rich vocabulary and poetic turn of phrase
- His hilarious takeover of the MSNBC Morning Joe show –
- Brand is a grade A Hollywood star
Sarah Millican – Home Bird
Having won British Comedy Award’s Queen of Comedy Sarah Millican is giving up the party scene for her latest UK stand-up tour Home Bird.
The words “bawdy” and “canny” are still used with regularity in reviews of her shows, and yet Millican’s style is always warm and self-deprecating too. One of her first jokes at Edinburgh was about an unconvincing effort to “talk dirty” with a boyfriend in bed.
On this, her third national tour, Mumsy comedian Sarah Millican brings her surprisingly filthy brand of humour to bear, you will learn what to take on a dirty weekend, the easiest way to blend in in posh restaurants and how to teach a pensioner to swear.
Our favourite Sarah Millican Joke:
“There’s a song called Big girls Don’t Cry. Yah they do, they cry because they’re fat. They cry because they can’t get a boyfriend. And they cry because there is no trifle left”
Reasons you will love Sarah Millican live:
- You like jokes about cake… and sex… and everything in between
- You find north eastern accents quite attractive
- You want to give a two-finger salute to those who say women are not funny.
Russell Howard: Wonderbox
Russell Howard is one of the UK’s most successful live comedians having played to more than 200,000 fans over twenty five nights on his last UK arena tour. As well writing and starring in his own BBC Three show, Russell Howard’s Good News which has broadcast for five series. The hit show is BBC Three’s most successful entertainment show ever, drawing in 3.9 million viewers a week.
A spokesman for Russell said: “In this new show, the star and creator of the award-winning hit TV show, Russell Howard’s Good News, promises us more of his trademark brand of upbeat and razor-sharp comedy.
Don’t miss the chance to see this unique comedian on his biggest tour to date; back on stage, on-top of the world, doing what he does best.
Our favourite Russell Howard joke:
“Anyone else wonder if the Queen ever props her quilt cover up to her neck whilst in bed and says ‘Look Philip, I’m a stamp!’?”
Reasons you will love Russell Howard live:
- Russell’s got a degree in economics from the University of the West of England. Luckily all that financial knowledge didn’t work out for him, otherwise we wouldn’t be chortling at his stand-up talents so much as cowering in his pointy-shoed shadow.
- His live shows are Energetic, un-cynical and, most importantly, very funny.
- He was named the number one ‘weird crush’ in a poll by Heat magazine readers in February 2013
Miranda Hart – My, what I call, live show
The meteoric rise of Miranda Hart from the fringes of British comedy to bona fide household name is testament to just how funny she is. On the back of her success writing and staring in her hit BBC sit-com Miranda, Miranda Hart is returning to stand-up.
The award winning Queen of Comedy is on stage doing stand-up for the first time since her hit series ‘Miranda’ aired on the BBC. Grab a chance to see Miranda’s laugh out loud genius live. She wants you to join her party. Expect galloping and attempts at song and dance, – Miranda Hart: My, what I Call, Live Show
Our favourite Miranda Joke:
“When I’m naked in bed and I roll over, my breasts clap”
Reasons you will love Miranda live:
- “People’s choice” winner at the British Comedy Awards 2011
- Her Sitcom Miranda, and lead role in Call The Midwife are two of the most successful shows on the BBC.
- She was the unlikely co-star in the cult Nick Frost comedy vehicle Hyperdrive (Which you should definitely check out).
Mickey Flanagan – Back in the Game
Crafty cockney Micky Flanagan is now undoubtedly one of British comedy’s biggest stars and his show stealing performances on the small screen have also earned him a prestigious British Comedy Award nomination and The Sun’s Comedian of the Year Award.
He will travel the length and breadth of the UK & Ireland for what will be the most anticipated comedy tour of 2013. Calling at the Newcastle Metro radio Arena on Thursday 26th September and the all new Leeds Arena on Friday 27th September, plus two nights at the Manchester Arena on Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd November the ‘Back In The Game’ tour follows on from the huge critical and commercial success of last year’s ‘Out Out’ tour where over 200,000 tickets were sold and all 150 dates a sell out. Micky Flanagan tickets sell fast!
Our favourite Mick Flanagan joke:
“I went to a gym the other day. I lay down on the mat to do some sit-ups and woke up two hours later. I felt fantastic. I treated myself to a frothy coffee and a chunky Kit Kat.”
Reasons you will love Micky Flanagan live:
- Micky is the much loved cheeky cockney chappy of the moment.
- Flanagan embraces his role as the devil on your shoulder inviting us to dodge responsibility, dispense with affectation and generally do sod all.
- Flanagan’s working class charm and east end turns of phrase make his stories all his own and keep his audience in stitches.
There are loads more stand-up stars on tour – find your favourite here: www.eventim.co.uk/comedy