This festival checklist aims to cover all the essentials of what to pack for a festival and any extras alongside, to ensure you don’t end up (literally) stuck in the mud.
Have we missed something? Feel free to make suggestions in the comments!
- Travel & Festival Tickets – Obvious really.
- Identification – To prove you are you. And of legal drinking age.
- Directions / Maps – Don’t get lost on the way there and miss stuff. Very embarrassing. You are also expected to find your way home afterwards.
- Cash & Cards – You will need money. It is inevitable.
- Raincoat & Waterproofs – Because it will probably rain. British summer time at its best.
- Wellies – You don’t want to lose your awesome new vans in the mud.
- Sunglasses – No-one looks cool if they spend the whole weekend squinting into the sunlight.
- Headgear – This is especially relevant for the follicly challenged. wear a hat to keep the sun off.
- Clothes & Shoes – Obviously bring clothes to wear. Durgh. Plus you can wrap them in Plastic bags to keep them dry and ready for action.
- Phone – So you can keep track of your mates and Instagram every precious moment.
- Chargers / Batteries – So you can keep Instagramming / texting / facebooking
- Torch – Makes looking for stuff in your tent at night that little bit easier.
- Umbrella – Just be prepared for rain OK.
- Tent – You should definitely double check you have this packed before setting off.
- Sleeping Bag / Pillow / Mat – Comfortable sleep = having more fun during the day.
- Books / Magazines – Great for the journeys. Or if you get up earlier than everyone else.
- Bin Bags – Tidy up after yourself. Were you born in a barn? Bin bags work better than sleeping in the midst of the filth. And you can use them to keep your stuff dry.
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste – Bad breath will not be popular in a crowd. Or if you are sharing a tent.
- Deodorant / Antiperspirant – BO will not be popular in a crowd. Or if you are sharing a tent.
- Towel – Because you may wish to make the transition from wet to dry.
- Dry Shampoo – Tame that greasy hair you gorgeous creature you.
- Wet Wipes – The single most important way of staying remotely clean / human/ respectable. Use liberally. Wipe everywhere.
- Contraception – As my dad always said, hope for the best, plan for the worst. This is hope.
- Toilet roll – For cleaning up all manner of ungodly messes. Always take your own to the loo.
- Lighter / Matches – For lighting BBQ’s, Cigarettes, Pipes, Cigars and waving in the air during a slow number.
- Bottle & Tin Openers – If you are taking bottles/ cans. Take something to open them with. It’s not rocket science.
- Cutlery – Probably a good idea unless you plan on using your grubby hands or a lukewarm barbecued sausage as a spoon.
- Cooking Equipment – If you plan on saving a few quid than you can swerve the food stalls and take a few basics with you.
- Blanket – Sleep in it. Picnic upon it. Or retreat to your safe place grasping your blankie.
- Food & Drink – Depends how prepared you want to be. Don’t take any perishable items though! Take it from me that Malt Loaf can be a life saver.
- Earplugs – Because the people in the next tent over are going to be having noisy sex. Trust me on this.
Anything missing? Feel free to make suggestions in the comments!